Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Double Baby Shower

I was asked to do cakes for a double baby shower. Both moms-to-be were expecting boys. One mother couldn't stomach chocolate since becoming pregnant (the things we suffer in order to have children…). Oh, this was gonna be fun!



Stripes was dark chocolate with MMF covering. Polka dots was butter cake, also with MMF. I tried two different methods trying to determine which one was best to setting the dots and stripes. I covered both cakes with white MMF. Dots were then cut out and inserted in the proper color, but a few looked like they might fall out. For the matching plaque, I used blue MMF then pressed the dots on with a rolling pin, making sure not to deform the circles. Same process with the stripes and such. I think I like the pressed and rolled version better but not sure how I would wrap a cake with striped fondant…

Please ignore the cracked fondant on the edges, there…not sure what was going on.

No comments: