Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Toy Story Cupcakes

"To Infinity, and Beyond!"

These cupcakes were for my friend's baby shower (because they were decorating the nursery with a Toy Story theme, focusing on Buzz Lightyear) but they would be great for a first birthday or even an older Toy Story fan. Hey, 40 is not too old to have an alien cupcake!


The cupcakes were vanilla almond with my signature buttercream piped on top. Toppers are all marshmallow fondant (except for black details, which are buttercream).


I had a lot of fun making these! And the aliens are my favorite. I contemplated not bringing them to the shower and just encasing them in varnish so they would last forever.

5 comments:

elesa said...

The aliens ARE super cute. You got all the colors just right. You are awesome!

Shelly said...

Those are darling cupcakes! I love the alien-

nikki said...

these are fun - question - Any ideas for a Ninja cake or cupcakes. Yeah Z birthday party is Sat. and I thought I could wing it, but the cupcakes aren't turning out like they are in my head.

Jessica G. said...

nikki - there wasn't an email to respond to your question so hopefully you will see this! For cupcakes, try something like these: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1163032
Here's a simple round cake that looks really cool: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1429594
Or for more detail, there's always the option of a FBCT like this one: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/57987
Saw another one that was just a basic cake that had lots of gumpaste throwing stars sticking out of it.
You can always email me with more questions!
thecakecow at gmail dot com

nikki said...

you are amazing -I tried searching for ninja cake stuff and got a big nothing! thanks for helping