Saturday, July 3, 2010

Firetruck

How have I decorated cakes for friends for some many years and never made a firetruck?!? I made this one rather quickly for a party the Co-ed was having. Unfortunately, I was in such a hurry to get it delivered that I neglected to bring my camera.



Inside is dark chocolate cake, covered in my signature buttercream, with Oreo cookie wheels and Dots candies as the sirens. There were some pretty cool accents on the back of the truck to resemble all the knobs and dials on a real firetruck.

1 comment:

The Alexanders said...

Hi I have been looking at your site for cake inspiration for a few years now! But when I saw this cake I had to ask how you get your frosting so red. I always struggle with red frosting. Love your cakes!
Cheyennealexander at hotmail dot com